Binbot is a specialized newsreader for downloading files from Usenet. It makes it easy to access the enormous quantity of new content posted daily to binary newsgroups. It is easy to use, fast and secure.
Easy to Use
- The intuitive user interface allows you to start downloading files within minutes of installation.
- Binbot automatically assembles and decodes articles for you. It supports all common encodings found on Usenet, including uuencode, MIME/base64 and yEnc.
- By letting you visually select which blocks of articles you wish to download, Binbot makes it easy to navigate huge newsgroups with millions of articles.
- We designed Binbot to allow you to download multiple files simultaneously at top speed.
- By only retrieving the minimum amount of data from the server, Binbot lets you quickly find the files you want.
- Binbot uses fast caching algorithms and command pipelining so you can retrieve information in record time.
- Binbot protects you against viruses by highlighting potentially unsafe files, and by automatically blocking unexpected malicious attachments.
- By design, Binbot prevents malformed headers and articles from being used to compromise your system remotely through buffer overflow attacks.
- Binbot contains no spyware or adware, and never "phones home".
» version 1.1.1 - posted on 2007-10-30
Added file unsplit tool, enhanced filtering capabilities and added new configuration options.
EULA - End User License Agreement
J1 SOFTWARE, INC.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Software License Agreement for Binbot
IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE (AS DEFINED BELOW), COPYING THE SOFTWARE AND/OR CLICKING ON THE "I AGREE" BUTTON BELOW, YOU (EITHER ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY AS ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK ON THE "CANCEL" BUTTON AND/OR DO NOT INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: Subject to the terms below, J1 SOFTWARE, INC. ("J1 SOFTWARE") hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install and to use the downloadable version of Binbot ("Software").
Your license will be free for an introductory thirty (30) day period and, should you elect to purchase a license key, will continue perpetually. During the introductory period, or the full license term, if you elect to purchase it, you may:
(i) install and use the Software for your own internal use on an unlimited number of computers; and
(ii) copy the Software for back-up or archival purposes.
You may not:
(i) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software;
(ii) modify, or create derivative works based upon, the Software in whole or in part;
(iii) provide or make available by any means the License Key to any third party;
(iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software; or
(v) resell, lease, rent, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software.
2. TITLE: You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. Title, ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in J1 SOFTWARE. The Software is protected by copyright and patent laws of the United States and international treaties.
3. UPDATES. From time to time, J1 SOFTWARE may make available updates to the software. All updates to the Software are governed by this Agreement, unless other license terms are provided with the update.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: The Software is provided to you at no, or minimal charge. YOU AGREE THAT J1 SOFTWARE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, TO YOU REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. J1 SOFTWARE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. J1 SOFTWARE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFIT) ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: You must assume the entire risk of using the program. IN NO EVENT SHALL J1 SOFTWARE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE J1 SOFTWARE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF J1 SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL J1 SOFTWARE'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, PROVIDED, HOWEVER, IF THE RELEVANT PRODUCT WAS PROVIDED TO YOU AT NO CHARGE YOU AGREE J1 SOFTWARE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY TO CLAIMS OF PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described in this Agreement. No notice shall be required from J1 SOFTWARE to effect such termination. Upon termination, you must uninstall and destroy all copies of the Software.
You may distribute the evaluation version of the Software provided that:
(i) you distribute exact copies of the original evaluation version; and
(ii) you do not charge a fee for the distribution of the Software.
In the event of invalidity of any provision of this Agreement, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
The Software may be subject to export or import regulations, and you agree to comply strictly with all such laws and regulations. You agree not to export or re-export the Software or any part thereof or information pertaining thereto to any country for which a U.S. government agency requires an export license or other governmental approval without first obtaining such license or approval.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Massachsetts as they are applied to agreements between Massachsetts residents entered into and to be performed entirely within Massachsetts. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed.
You agree that this is the entire agreement between you and J1 SOFTWARE, which supersedes any prior agreement, whether written or oral, and all other communications between J1 SOFTWARE and you relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Reservation of rights.
All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by J1 SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 J1 SOFTWARE, 36 Lee St, Cambridge, MA, 02139. All rights reserved.